The International AIDS Society (IAS) is calling for 250 volunteers to help from 17 to 24 July 2019 at the 10th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2019) which will take place in Mexico City, Mexico. Find further information on volunteering for IAS 2019 here.
By completing this form, you are registering your interest in volunteering at the IAS 2019 Conference. We welcome all applications from potential volunteers who share our values and we highly appreciate your interest in the IAS 2019 Conference. Thank you for taking the time to fill out this form.
YOUR VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
The application form is now closed. Thank you for your interest for the IAS 2019 volunteer programme.
Minimum volunteer requirements
- Volunteer applicants must be over 18 years old by the 17th of July 2019, be fluent in English and available for the mandatory Kick-off meeting and activity training (19 July 2019 from 15:45 to 19:30). Volunteer applicants must also be available for at least three shifts (either mornings or afternoons) on three consecutive days between 21 and 24 July 2019.
- All correspondence with volunteers will be done by email only; you should therefore have a valid personal email address and make sure you check your emails regularly.
- Volunteers will need to be based in Mexico City or the surrounding region during the conference. We are unfortunately unable to provide any financial assistance nor arrangements for travel, visa, or accommodation. You are therefore responsible for all the costs and logistical arrangements related to your participation.
Selection and confirmation process
- If your application is selected, your volunteer shifts will be scheduled for either the morning or the afternoon. The other half of the day, when not on volunteer duty, you will be given free access to conference sessions and the poster and exhibition areas.
- You will also receive a free one year IAS membership, a certificate of appreciation, a lunch every working day and a volunteer t-shirt.
- By filling this form, you will be invited to provide details concerning your availability. Please note that applicants who have the maximum availability between 17 and 24 July 2019, and in particular during the conference period (21-24 July), will be prioritized.
- If your application is selected, you will receive a schedule proposal matching your availability and you will be invited to confirm this proposal online. Please note, if you reject the proposed schedule the shifts will immediately be released and available to other applicants. We also cannot guarantee that we will come back to you with another proposal.
- Applications from people not available for the Kick-off meeting and activity training (19 July 2019 from 15:45 to 19:30) will be rejected.
- If you need to apply for a visa, we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as you receive a schedule proposal from us. If this applies to you, we will ask that you keep us posted on your visa status and to confirm your schedule proposal only once your visa has been granted.
- Your nationality determines whether or not you are required to apply for a visa. Please contact the nearest Mexican embassy to know whether or not you are required to apply for a visa..
- Please contact [email protected] for any questions, queries or updates you might have about your volunteer application.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS APPLICATION FORM WILL TIME-OUT IN 15 MINUTES. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE IT WITHIN THIS TIME FRAME, YOU MAY LOSE THE INFORMATION YOU ENTERED OR RECEIVE AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
By clicking "Continue", I hereby understand and accept the IAS Data Policy and the Volunteer Policy governing my participation at the IAS 2019 Conference.